Are you agreeing to a Financial Agreement in your Divorce and need a Court Approved Consent Order? We can help.
We deal with Consent Orders for all types of divorce financial Settlements. Whether you need a Consent Order, or a Clean Break Consent Order or assistance with negotiating a financial settlement – we can help. We have helped 100’s of clients to obtain a court-approved consent order and we can help you too. No need to attend Court, and no need for expensive Solicitors.
What is a Consent Order?
When you get divorced, you will both need to decide how you are going to split your property, pensions, savings, debts and any other assets you may have. Once you have come to an agreement you will need a consent order.
Once an agreement has been reached, you will need to put it in a legal format that the court accepts. This document that is called a ‘consent order’.
Consent order means an order made by two consenting adults and is filed at court to have the court stamp of approval to make it a legally binding court order under the matrimonial causes act rather than an agreement under contract law.
If there is no maintenance being paid between you, it is called a Clean Break Consent Order. Clean Break means you both walk away from each other without any financial ties.
Sometimes couples have a part clean break where the tie is broken in property, pensions, inheritance, but not for income. This would be where maintenance is still being paid.
Who are we?
We have many years’ experience in writing up consent orders, and we will guide you through the entire process, including how you should divide up your assets, including:
- Pension Sharing
- Matrimonial home.
- Assets – savings, property, business.
- A clean break order to prevent future claims.
- Child & Spousal maintenance.
Why do you need a consent order?
There are many reasons why everyone getting a divorce should get a consent order, here are some:
- Your agreement is not legal / legally binding until a judge approves the consent order.
- You may trust each other to do the right thing, however, if you did not make the effort to get a consent order, your partner can back out of the agreement at any time. If this happens you would have to sue the other under contract law. the judge may ask why you didn’t have an order under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA 1973)?
- With a consent order, the party is unlikely to back out of the agreement, but if they do, you can take them to court to force them to follow the agreement.
- If you do not have a consent order, your partner can go to the court even after your divorce and make a claim against you. This can happen even years after you have divorced each other.
It is important that this agreement is documented as a legally binding Consent order and approved by a family court. We will guide you through this process and make it as easy as possible.
Do I still need a Consent Order if I don’t have any assets or savings?
Everyone getting a divorce should get a consent order regardless of your financial position. For both of your protection in the future, but please remember there is no law that says you have to have one.
If you do not have many assets and wish to get a consent order, we can do this for you at minimum cost so make sure you contact us for a quote.
Can I write my own Consent Order?
Be careful not to write up your own agreement unless you know what you are doing. If you get it wrong, the judge may not approve it and you will waste a lot of time going back and forth trying to get it to the judges liking.
You may make a mistake that could cost you more in the future when it turns out that the wording is not what you thought it was or that the order is not as legally binding as you first thought it was.
If you want to save money, don’t write your own consent order, instead, come to an agreement with your partner about your assets and let Divorce Negotiator draft an order for you, our fees are very competitive so call us to get a quote. At least you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a fully legal consent order drawn up by a professional with many years experience.
Here are some of the benefits of using our service:
- Save Money – We will save you money, time and stress by assisting you both through the whole process, amicably.
- Get Guidance – We will guide you as to what a court will expect and require in reaching a decision about your assets.
- Avoid Court Hearings – We will write the consent order for you for a District Judge to assess and agree
- Your Pperwork Drafted – We will complete all the necessary documents that need to be sent with the consent order.
- Peace of Mind – We will work with you to ensure that your consent order is approved and becomes legally binding.
Why choose Divorce Negotiator?
- Amicable – We will work with you both directly
- Consistency – You will have one qualified divorce professional working on your case.
- Affordable – We are cheaper than most high street law firms
- Contactable – We are contactable 7 days a week
- Fast Turnaround– Depending on your requirements we could have a consent order prepared within a week.
- Legally Binding– This service will make your financial agreement legally binding at court when approved.
- Piece of Mind – Move on with your life in the knowledge that no future claims can be made against you.
- Professionally Drafted – A qualified divorce professional will draft your consent order and will not be a template.
CONTACT US NOW to ensure that your assets are protected.
Here is what our clients have to say:
“I came across Divorce Negotiator on the web and I am so glad I did. They had such a calming effect after the terrible advice my solicitor had given me. I had a 30 minute free consultation and then my husband and I paid for a 30 minute Skype session so we could all meet face to face, as he was in Germany at the time. We both liked the advice we were given and instructed them straight away. 5 months later we were divorced and the financial settlement was approved by the court.”
“I honestly believe that if we had followed my solicitor’s advice we would still be battling it out. The whole cost was just under £3k which we shared equally. Thank you Divorce Negotiator. I have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone getting divorced.”
Another client stated:
“Excellent service! I was very wary to start with, as it was my husband who suggested them, so I went to a solicitor to ask if it was a good idea. They said although it would deprive them of the business, it would save me money and was perfectly legal, so a very good idea. Since then, I have been very pleased with Linda and Carol, who both have a lovely, welcoming manner, and managed to explain and deal with very complicated issues in a simple way, which is especially welcome at such an emotionally turbulent time. This was certainly the best option, as it is fair to both parties, and cuts down on cost and worry. Use Divorce Negotiator- you won’t regret it!”
Call us today to speak to a professional about your divorce. The call does not cost you anything and you may save yourself money with the guidance that you receive.