There are many matters considered when going through divorce, it’s not as straight forward as some people think and every divorce has different circumstances so shouldn’t be compared from one to another. Examples on what is considered in court regarding the divorce settlement:
- The financial needs, obligations and responsibilities that each of the parties to the marriage have or will have in the foreseeable future.
- The standard of living before the marriage broke down.
- The age of each of the parties to the marriage and the length of the marriage.
- Physical or mental health disabilities.
- Contributions made or likely to be made in the future by either party by looking after the family home or caring for the family.
Throughout the week ‘Divorce Negotiator’ will inform you of what is isn’t taken into account in court. At ‘Divorce Negotiator’ we keep you as informed as possible regarding your personal situation so you can make the best choices for you and your family.